My small, woman-owned public relations/marketing firm, Advice Unlimited, has been serving the Federal government marketplace for nearly 30 years to help companies with innovative technology get their solutions to the government. Every month, I’ll offer unlimited advice on how to work with this unique market. Please email me with questions or comments.

Advice Unlimited

Advice Unlimited

Monday, February 11, 2013

Advice Unlimited Celebrates 30 Years of Business

I’m amazed to say that I founded Advice Unlimited 30 years ago – my, how time flies when you love what you do! I’ve had the honor of working with incredible clients in an outstanding community, and I’ve had the good fortune of consistently having wonderful staff who teach me as much as I teach them.

Advice Unlimited LLC has changed pretty dramatically from when I first hung out my shingle 30 years ago. When I founded this Public Relations firm, I eagerly accepted anyone who was willing to hire us. We worked for real estate firms, banks – even Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus!

Once we secured our first government contract, in 1986, I knew I was home. We worked with local organizations, such as the Montgomery County Office of Economic Development, and Federal programs, such as Health and Human Services and the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. I felt we were really making a difference, and changing how people lived their lives by helping them to learn about different services that were vital to their everyday lives.

Working with government organizations naturally led to opportunities with companies trying to reach these government organizations, and we discovered this was the perfect complement and extension to the unique specialization we had developed.   As we expanded our efforts with government contractors, I quickly learned that working with the companies that serve the government is another wonderful pool of people who care and projects that matter. And when I discovered technology – wow. The innovation possible when you bring together really smart people who are solving new problems with really caring people who are focused on making our world a better place is exciting, inspiring, and rewarding.

Today we are very proud of our unique niche of supporting government organizations and the technology companies that serve them. We are proud of our specialization and depth of knowledge in this important area. Over the years, we have built amazing friendships and relationships with government, media, and industry leaders. To everyone that we’ve worked with – thank you. To all the folks we hope to work with as we move forward – we can’t wait! Here's to the next decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment